Sunday, March 11, 2012

Tangled!!!

I was surrounded....trapped, it seemed as if there was no way to escape! People were surrounding me, I didn't know what to do, I looked down, "Just great," I thought, "My feet are tangled!" The rope slowly seemed to climb up me, until it was around my whole body, and then......

Beep, beep, beep... I awoke with a start, my heart pounding, "What? Where am I?" And then I realized, it was only a dream!

But now that I look back on that dream, believe it or not, I find some spiritual lessons in it. Sometimes we feel surrounded, trapped by the enemy (Satan), and it seems as if you have gone to far to escape! Other people around you surround you, trying to convince you that you are doing right, and that there is nothing wrong with what you are doing (Peer Pressure). And when you look down your feet are tangled with rope.

That is exactly what the Devil wants, he wants you to feel tangled! But you don't have to be! Let me tell you a story about myself, how I got untangled....But first let me say, that sometimes the things we are usually tangled in are the sins that we like, so it won't be easy to get untangled! Okay now the story...

I was caught up in a sin, that I thought was perfectly fine, and then someone told me how this particular sin is very deadly (they didn't know I was into it) and they gave me a bunch of Ellen White quotes and Bible texts. I thought to myself, "What could possibly be wrong in this, and I put the quotes aside and soon forgot about them, well to make a long story short, I kept on being faced with it over and over again, and just like my dream, I was tangled, I did not want to give it up, but the Lord finally won the battle, and I got untangled.

Now the next point I want to bring out is.... don't look down! You need to look up, but just not at anything, you need to look to Jesus, for He will take your hand, if you place your's in His, and He will untangle you! Believe me, I know, it has happened many times!!!

So no matter how long you have been tangled, Jesus will help you out! There are a lot of tangled ropes or webs that we can get ensnared with, but don't let that discourage you, the Bible says something to that effect, "A righteous man falls seven times, but a fool falls once." (Paraphrasing but you get the point :)

The point is, it doesn't matter how much you fall, it matters how many times you get up again! So the next time you seem tangled, go to God in prayer, and read some encouraging Bible texts, and sometimes it helps talking to someone you trust!

Oh and one more thing, the longer we don't give it to Jesus the more it will wrap around our body, and soon it might kill us...Remember you are never alone! We have all been there sometime or other. So don't be discouraged!

I don't want to be tangled, do you?

3 comments:

  1. All comments are appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Ekpen Temple Your spell worked and brought my husband back to me. You gave me support when I was feeling hopeless. I feel truly blessed to have found your email address. I sincerely hope others will take that leap of faith and let you help them as you have helped me, for those of you who want to contact him reach him on his email address: ( ekpentemple@gmail.com ) OR WHATSAPP +2347050270218 you will never regret contacting him… He is capable of restoring your relationship and marriage problems like he did for me.

    ReplyDelete