Sunday, September 2, 2012

Waiting...

It seems to me that I must always have to wait. I have to wait until Thursday to go on our trip. I have to wait until October to get my passport and my diploma. Wait and wait and wait...it seems that all I am doing is waiting!



I thought about this, what does the Lord want to teach me through this whole experience. The most obvious is patience, but is there something more in which He is trying to get me to learn. Maybe to put more trust in Him, well yes that is another thing, but there must be something more, something deeper.



Through the waiting experience I can learn that I can trust my Lord through any circumstances and that the Lord's timing is always perfect and He set things up the way they are for a purpose. I can also see that the Lord is teaching me to wait upon Him.



What I mean by that is this, Jesus promised His disciples to come again and He told them to watch and to wait. And then more than 2,000 years later, we are still waiting. Why do we have to continue to wait? Why can't we just have it all happen at once? Why can't we just go at this at a fast pace?



We continue to wait for Jesus soon coming because we are not ready for Him to come again. Others are not prepared for Him, people who need to know that He is coming again! God knows all and He has things orchestrated in such a way that His timing is always right on time!





We human beings want things fast now a days, we want things in high speed, and we want them to be now. It is because of the society in which we live, the fast lane is now becoming yesterday's slow lane. But through all of this, God calls us to wait. Yes to wait upon Him, to learn patience, and to trust and lean on Him.




I want to learn the patience of waiting, don't you?


1 comment: