Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Facing the Unknown...

I can remember a few times in my life when I have been unsure of what was going to happen. And when you come into these challenges, it becomes a test of faith. Are you going to trust or are you going to worry? I can remember one time when I broke down and cried, I wasn't sure what God wanted me to do. But my mother was a big help to me and we repeated Bible verses and promises. And soon I was the one encouraging her again.




I can remember praying to God, and asking Him to give me peace and understanding, and He flooded me with a peace that passes all understanding. And then I knew that everything was going to be all right!



But what do you do when you are facing the unknown? What should you do? How should you react? And most important, how do you keep from worrying about the problem? Well let us look at one question at a time...



First, what do you do when you are facing the unknown. Your first reaction might be to cry and even to doubt God. And you may even second guess yourself, if you are doing the right thing or not.



Well then, what should you do? Well, when I was faced with a problem my mother and I quoted Bible verses and promises to each other. It is a good idea to memorize Bible verses, another thing you should do is pray! Prayer always calms me down, and keeps me at peace.


How should you react? I covered this a little bit, but the first reaction is what matters, it determines your strength or your weakness. And it also shows that if you do have a melt down that you need to rely more upon God. This is a good thing, God doesn't want you to come to the place where you don't rely on Him.



How do we keep from worrying? I mean just thinking about what may be up ahead is a pretty scaring thought. No one knows what the future holds, except for God and He has it all under control. The best thing to do is to remind yourself that He is in control, and He loves you! And when you feel like you are starting to have second thoughts or doubts is to go to God and pray and read your Bible. Just take one day at a time, and leave tomorrow to itself.



Sometimes it is hard to face the unknown and not know what to do, but we have a Savior that is here to take away all our fears. We don't have to face the unknown by ourselves!



I want to trust in God and face the unknown with Him, don't you?






1 comment: