Sunday, September 23, 2012

Two Different Paths...

I often picture this in my mind...this story, something that is reality...I walk on a road that seems to keep on going, but then I come to a fork in the road, one going right and the other going left. There is no other choice I have to make a decision, and it seems I don't have much time in which to make it.



The path going left seems bright and cheerful and sun is seems to be always shining there, the flowers are blooming and the birds are singing a song. It seems to me that the path is big enough to travel and the road smooth enough for my tired feet and yet it seems to be going downward and I can't tell what is up ahead.



But then I look to the right, this path is narrow and looks a little bit rocky. It ascends upward and it looks so scary, it seems as if a storm is coming and I can hear thunder in the distance. The trees seem to be barren and I hear no birds singing there. Yet yet for some reason a voice seems to be telling me to walk on this road.



And so hesitantly I walk toward the right and my journey continues on, sometimes rain falls on my pathway and I can't tell what is up ahead because of the fog. And sometimes I slip downwards, only to get up and walk the same road again. On and on it seems it goes up and I wonder if this is the right road.



I come to the point of the road where there is an overlook and I can see down to the place where I first made my choice, but there is something more that meets my eye, I can see further down that broad path. And what I see makes me glad of the path that I have chosen, for I see that it continues down into a steep and dark place, and there comes from it all sorts of noises that hurt my ears and my eyes.





I then hear a voice saying, "I died for them as well." I then cry out to that Someone and plead with Him that I may go back and tell others of the danger that is in store for them. I can see that my family is about to get to the fork in the road. So I plead and ask, can I go and tell what is waiting for them on the paths ahead?



The voice tells me that I may go but He also tells me what I may expect up ahead. He said that not everyone will listen, some will ridicule and laugh, some will start the narrow way but then again turn back. Others will choice to go on the narrow way and they will bring others to follow along. He also told me of what was ahead on the path that I had chosen and He told me to tell others what they may expect.



He said tell them that I have mansions waiting for them in which I have built, and there's room enough for everyone. I have a banquet set out before them and the table stretches out for miles long. I have robes of white in which to clothe them and crowns to place upon their heads. I have harps too I wish to give to them, all this and more is waiting for them. But also warn them that they don't have time in which to decide, but the choice is theirs and it is up to them to make.



So I hurried down the pathway until I came back where I started, I got there just in time to tell my family what was in store, some laughed at me and went down the broad way and I realized that some who have gone will never come again, but some who have gone have come back again. So I continue to pray for those who are down that broad and downward path.



But others have rejoiced and have gone up the narrow way, but I also realize the danger that is in store for them that way, they may say the way is to hard and come down again. But others they will continue on the upward way.



I am still on this pathway today, for my Jesus has said that He will come back for me someday. I am on this road trying to warn others of the danger that lies ahead, and I am praying that they soon will realize the danger that lies ahead. There will be trouble on both paths, but I must say that the troubles you face on the narrow one only last for this life time, and the reward that you will get in the end will be enough so that you don't even mind the troubles you passed through. But on the other path, the broad one, you will pay in this life and will never get to enjoy the reward to come.



But do not come for the rewards, there is a far better reason to come, you see my Jesus and your Jesus loved us so much that He gave His life so that we can be together forever. But the choice is yours, and you don't have much time to make it. Yes there is two different paths, and I must ask...



Which one will you choose?






3 comments:

  1. Wow this was truly touching!Many God keep on blessing you as you help others know about that narrow path. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I praise the Lord that this has touched you! The Lord will bless in many different ways, even when we don't understand! I thank you so much for the encouragement! :) I'll be praying for you and I'm just glad to have a small part in the plan of salvation for others! :)I also want to encourage you to share what you have learned with others. :) God bless, Kaila...

    ReplyDelete