Sunday, July 8, 2012

Addictions...

There is lots of addictions in the world, they come in different types, some are more obvious than others. But others are not so obvious, ones that we may view every day. I am going to name a few of them. The big addiction in the world today is the entertainment center.



This is a network of many addictions, music, movies, games, etc. This network I myself was once trapped inside. I wanted to give it up, but it was so enjoyable; I enjoyed doing it or watching it or listening to it. That is part of the reason why I believe it is called an addiction.



Whatever may take all of your time, and you just have to watch, listen, or do over again, otherwise it drives you crazy, I believe is an addiction. When you spend all your hours thinking on it and wondering about it, that is why it is an addiction. Satan has many addiction's in the world today. And he watches us to see which ones we will like.



Sometimes he purposely sends us a temptation, to see if we will fall, and then all heaven watches with interest to see if we will do whatever it may be. Addictions can even become an idol...when we think about doing whatever it may be during our worship, or during family worship, or during prayer, or even at church.

But, you may ask, if I do have an addiction, how do I get rid of it? Good question, let me answer that now.

Step #1: Prayer, this is what helped me tremendously to get over my addiction. When you feel tempted especially, that is when you need to pray.



Step #2: Study the Word aka the Bible; in other words, walk away from temptation, no more like run away. But if you can't go away from it then you will have to pray extra hard.



Step #3: Go out in nature: Nature is a wonderful way in which God can communicate with us, we can also get away from our problems through nature, where it is quite and peaceful.



Step #4: Find something productive to do: use your time wisely, and do something useful, either to help around the house or make something special, or play/sing some hymns.



There are many kinds of addictions and sometimes when we give up one addiction, Satan will try to lead us into another one, which is why we must watch and pray. And we must remember the four steps. Satan also has four steps in which he leads us into sin.

Step #1: Life of Ease: so make sure that you are doing something productive and not just sitting around reading, listening, watching, or doing foolish things.



Step #2: Familiarity: Satan introduces very subtly something sinful to the mind that seems all right at first.



Step #3: Kept Before the People: Satan keeps the temptation before the mind; even though they may not participate at first.

Step #4: The tender conscience eventually becomes hardened: the sin looses its sinfulness and does not seem so bad.

So we must counter act these four steps with the other four steps that I gave you above. For we can do nothing in and of ourselves, but with God all things are possible!

I want to get rid of any addictions I may have, don't you?




3 comments:

  1. Kaila, thanks so much for sharing! I also want to get rid of any addictions I may have, as well as avoid falling into any that the devil may endeavor to lure me into.

    Blessings!

    ~Josiah | Begin the Song of Praise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, I'm glad that you found it a blessing, Praise the Lord! :) God Bless, I'll be praying...

      Delete
  2. Yes, I want to get rid of any and all addictions, I don't want them!

    ReplyDelete