Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Filtered Through...

We have a filter in our house that keeps the dust from getting in. Every month my dad has to bring it up and put it in the tub to clean it out. I also have a filter in the vacuum that I have to clean every so often. These filters are important, they keep the dirt or dust or both from coming into our house and getting it dirty. But there is a more important filter than that.


We all have access to one of the greatest filters of all ages, but we don't always use the filter. Instead we do things our way and in our own time. Those are times we keep on falling and getting dust and dirt in our minds, hearts, and lives.



This filter is Jesus, we must filter everything through Him. And most of the time we don't bring our troubles to Him, and we let the dust and dirt get in between us and Him. The only way that we can keep it clean is to keep on using it!



I will be the first one to admit, that I am not good at doing this. I so often just want to do things my way, and forget about my filter. But if you go to Jesus, He will help you clean that filter out. This filter has to be cleaned daily, every minute, and every second. 





We should go about the day asking what Jesus would have us do. We should filter our thoughts through Him and our actions and words that we speak to others. If we filter everything through Him we won't have as many stumbles, and we will grow day by day to be more like Him.


Trust me this is not easy, and we will forget and stumble and have to start again, but we must remember that He will see us through. I am still trying to work at it myself! Nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes and we all stumble, but it's getting back up that counts!

It's not about having a relationship with Jesus, although that is important, it's about being connected with Him!



I want to filter everything through Jesus, don't you? Won't you join me?


1 comment: