Thursday, May 24, 2012

Filthy Rags...

I looked at the old rags, you know the type, you use them for cleaning and wiping things off the floor. These rags were filthy, they needed to be washed terribly bad!! As I looked at them it made me remember my other filthy rags. No, they weren't ones that I used to wipe things off with, but they were ones that I tried to hide my "nakedness" with.



Every person has had filthy rags at one point in time or another. And that is both physically and spiritually. But I am not going to dwell on the physical rags, but on the spiritual rags, the ones we try to look "normal" in.



We must all come to the point in our lives when we need to make a choice. We can continue wearing our filthy rags or we can accept Jesus' robe of Righteousness. Sometimes we are so busy dwelling on the things of the earth that we don't look up and behold what God has in store for us.



By the way in case you were wondering the filthy rags that I'm talking about is - sin. And what is worse, when we do bad things or say bad things ect. we put on the "rags" once more. I often wonder to myself, "Will I ever just accept Jesus so fully that I will no longer put on those rags again?" But it isn't easy...



I mean the day could be going wonderful and you think that you might make it through the day without doing some little sin, when out of nowhere, someone says something or does something to irritate you! I have had that happen many times before. Or thoughts come into your mind that you don't want in there!

But no matter what we do, if we continue to look up to Jesus, we can always wear the robe He holds out for us, the problem is, when we learn to always look up. For me it is hard, very hard. It is easier said than done, believe me! It sound so easy, but the very minute you go about trying to do right, the devil comes out of nowhere!

Sometimes with some people, they like their filthy rags, I mean they are broken in right? So they keep washing them and using them, and the longer they use them the more filthy they get! Instead of washing them with the river of life they wash them with the mud of this world. I am sure we probably have all done that before! That secret sin that nobody but you and God knows about....

Like I have said before, we must constantly watch and pray and look to Jesus. Otherwise we will fall time and again. But hopefully when we fall we will pick ourselves back up again, and learn from that fall so as not to make it again. Just like when a little baby is learning to walk, it doesn't get it right, right away, it still has to experience the falling down.



We must not think that our righteousness is good enough, we must take on Jesus' righteousness, then when the Father looks at us, He will say, "Well done, good and faithful servant, enter thou into the joy of thy Lord." I want to hear those words, don't you?



I am going to try by God's grace and help to put on Jesus' robe of Righteousness, and give up my filthy rags, won't you?



P.S. It is ok to have old rags to clean with here on this earth. :)

3 comments: