Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Void...

I think we have all felt it at one time or another. An emptiness that can't be explained, as if nothing is going right! There comes a point in everyone's life when they feel as if their life is like a black hole. And their life becomes more and more empty, and their life seems to be getting to the point of no return.



They have a void in their life. And they can't explain that emptiness, they try to fill this emptiness with everything else. Such as the fashion of the day, clothes, music, food, parents, movies, wife's and husband's, etc. It doesn't matter, there is so many things they try to fill this void with, except for religion.

But it's not just religion, it is the love of God. This void can be filled with one thing and that thing is God and His love. And it isn't just a one time thing either, we must keep going and filling our cup to overflowing, so that the void will be filled and that we can then help to fill the void of others.



But if we leave God this void goes back to being a void, it's not a void when God's love is in it, it is only a void when God is not in our life. God made each of us with a certain amount of love, for others and for God.



Now the void can be also a pit, a pit in which we can sink in deeper and deeper. Once someone told me that they told a wandering daughter that, "You will never be happy, unless you turn your life to God, things will continue to go wrong until you turn your life back to Him."

I agree, when we have Jesus the way may not be easy, but He will guide us through, and He will see us through and we can face tough times with a happy face. It is sometimes hard, it is like mountains They have up's and down's. On the way up you are huffing and puffing and trying to catch your breath.



And sometimes you slip and fall, and then you must climb the way again, and pass the same temptations again until you have victory over it. But once you reach the top, the sight is breathtaking and you forget all about the pain that you have faced.


I have experienced this void, and sometimes I still experience it. I am still climbing that mountain, I have not reached the top yet, but that is my goal to reach the top! It is my desire to be with Jesus and have the love of God fill my void to overflowing so that I can pour it out on others.



I want God to fill my void, don't you? Meet me at the top!


1 comment:

  1. Yes only God can fill our void and He does it so well! :)

    ReplyDelete