Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Calling…How the Journey Began


When I was quite young, I can’t remember my exact age, I heard an almost audible voice saying to me, “I want you to be a missionary to foreign lands.”

I was appalled, I didn’t want to be a missionary, and I didn’t want to leave home. So I said that I wouldn’t be a missionary, I would do everything else, except be a missionary.

Well a little bit later I heard the voice once again say, “You will be a missionary!” Again I resisted and again He came to me, finally I answered that I would go. Such peace entered my heart! I didn’t know what it all entailed, but all of a sudden, the desire came over me that I wanted to go!

So, for many years I knew what I was going to be when I grew up.

Finally I turned 17 and time passed until it came to the summer of 2012; I knew that this was the year that I must send in an application to the missionary field. I was excited, and time seemed to fly by!

The month of August came, nothing exciting about that, except for what happened in the month of August. My church had a visiting pastor from TN, come and do a series of talks. We only made it to the Saturday and Saturday afternoon meetings (since we lived so far away.) Well after the afternoon meeting I felt impressed to go and ask him to have a dedication prayer for me.

So I went up to him and told him that the Lord was leading me to be a missionary, and I told him at the time that I was thinking about going to the Philippines to do missionary work, even though I really didn’t want to go there, but I was willing to go wherever the Lord was leading. Well, he told me that he knew of a ministry that needed missionaries in New Zealand and that maybe I should go through there first.

Now I was really excited! You see I have always had a love for Australia and places with accents, and now the Lord was letting me go to a place that is close to Australia! God is so good!!!

Well I contacted the pastor and he contacted the other pastor and now I’m in the process of getting it all settled.

I will be leaving in April or May of 2013, hopefully April. :)

Please pray for me as I am doing what the Lord has called me to do! Also if you feel impressed, I would greatly appreciate any donations that you can give. They will be used to help spread the gospel in New Zealand.

I will keep you all posted about what is happening in fact you can go to my new blog, my new blog will have all the updates about me and New Zealand and this one will go back to being what it was. :)

http://missionaryinnewzealand.wordpress.com/

I will be going to the North Island, the one up above the large one, about 2 hours away from Auckland, NZ in Thames!

No comments:

Post a Comment