Thursday, March 22, 2012

Orion And The Serpent...

The darkness covered the Earth like a blanket, and quietness seemed to reign. Except for the crickets, who decided to hold a concert, everything was calm. I stood on our patio, looking up into outer space. It seemed as if I was transported to another world, as if I could behold heaven right where I stood!

I have always been fascinated with outer space, constellations, star formations, cluster stars, you name it, I love it! The pictures that I have found of constellations up close and other star formations are breath taking! But this evening I was watching one of my favorite constellations, one which I love to point out to people and explain! The one I am about to explain to you.

I stood gazing at the constellation, Orion! Even the very name of it, brings a smile to my face. It is quite distinctive in the Eastern night sky, it usually is only visible during the winter and some of the spring months. You can easily point it out to anyone and they would recognize it the next time they are out. It has two stars at the top one a little higher than the other, then below those two stars are three other stars forming what is known as the belt. Then if it is dark enough and there are no city lights on, you would be able to see three more stars hanging down from the belt, that is known as the sword. Then there are two finale stars one a little higher than the others, those are the feet.



They are so many aspects that can be pointed out about Orion, that I won't name them all for you, I will just focus on two, for now, and maybe later, if you want, I can go into more detail.

The two that I want to focus on are, the Sword and the Feet. First the Sword...we have good evidence in the Bible and Spirit of Prophecy to know that Jesus, when He comes back the second time, will be from the East, and it will be from the well known constellation of Orion! A well known fact about Orion is this, in the Sword there is a special star, this star is the middle one, the middle star, astronomers have discovered, is like a trench and it seems to lead to some place else, and they are not able to go through this tunnel because they don't know where it ends and it is to far from Earth!



Now, to me it was quite obvious what this meant, that star is where Jesus is coming out of! But don't just believe it because of what I say, study about it! You'll be quite amazed, and if you would like some information from me just ask, and I will be happy to share! :)

Okay, now the next thing that I want to go to are the Feet, you will notice when you look at the feet, that one is raised a little higher than the other, well now I will try my best to explain that to you. Beneath the constellation of Orion is a constellation called The River, but I like to refer to it as...The Serpent!



You probably well know the Bible text Genesis 3:15, if not I will encourage you to look it up! It is the first prophecy in the Bible, and part of it says this, "It shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel." Now if you go back to the constellation of Orion...it makes perfect sense! God tells us right in the stars what is going to happen! The constellations tell the story of Salvation! 



Now to me this was so amazing! I love it! And every time I look at Orion, I think of the plan of Salvation and how Jesus is coming very soon to take us home with Him! I pray that this will be a blessing to you as well!  




 These are some pictures of the inside of Orion, thought you might like to see them!

2 comments: