Sunday, April 8, 2012

Quiet Moments...

Maybe you are wondering why I have quiet moments as part of my blog title. Well today I will expound on that!

Quiet moments are the moments that we spend with God! It needs to be quiet in order for us to hear the voice of God speaking to us. That is why when we see or hear something that we aren't supposed to, God has to work with us all the more, and the harder it is for us to be quiet.



The quiet moments are times when we spend alone with God, just God and you - or just God and me. These times are the most precious, they see us through the day, and help us if and when we face temptations. They are also great times in which to memorize scripture, or put some armor on! God's armor of course!



The quiet moments are also times when God reveals things to your mind. Something new in the Scriptures that you might never thought of before. Or a secret sin that you might be clinging on to. Anything...God uses this time to reach your heart, to cleanse you, to call you, to reveal things to you!



When I first thought about starting a blog, I had no idea what I should name my blog! I thought about different nature things that I liked and none of them seemed to fit. So I prayed and asked the Lord to help me, after all I wanted this blog to be about Him, so I needed to ask Him what I should name my blog!

And then it hit me, Quiet Moments, I saw if that was available and I saw that it wasn't, but they suggested Kaila's Quiet Moments, and I liked it...so that is what it ended up being!

Right away when I thought of quiet moments, I thought that it was perfect because it is in the quiet moments that the Lord puts things in your heart, and I knew that it would be the quiet moments that I would be writing my blog in...so I knew that once again my Heavenly Father pulled through!
 

Quiet moments are also times when we go to God in prayer, telling Him whatever is on our heart's. When we are sad, discouraged, happy, joyful, or in need. Whatever it may be, you can turn to God and He will be there!



Just remember, to spend some quiet moments with Him each day!




1 comment:

  1. We do need those quiet moments with the Lord, thanks for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete