Thursday, April 26, 2012

Who Shall I Send?

When people talked to me about my favorite Bible text, I would have a hard time answering them. There was so many that were good!! That was until a few years ago...I was reading my Bible and I came to Isaiah chapter 6! I was captivated by Isaiah 6: 1 - 8 and from then on that has been my favorite chapter in the Bible, Isaiah had been my favorite book in the Bible (still is) so when I was reading it, I came across these verses and I simply loved it!




My favorite verse is Isaiah 6:8 which says - "Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me." Can't you just here the Lord asking that? Can't you hear the voice of Isaiah answering Him back? With a little imagination it is not very hard to seem to be there! 






Sometimes though I wonder if we really will go when the Lord asks us. It doesn't always mean to go to a foreign land, or to preach, or to become a prophet, as it was in Isaiah's case, he didn't have to go to a foreign land but he was called to become a prophet and to preach what God wanted him to say.




The Lord will ask us this regarding anything, even what we think are the unimportant things, like doing dishes or ironing or any chore around the house for that matter! Anything our parents ask us to do, it is really God asking us to do it, for when we obey our parents we are obeying God. But there are times when our parents can be disobeyed, but that is only if they ask you anything going against what God has told you to do, in the Ten Commandments or anywhere else in the Bible.



When God asked this to Isaiah, it was the turning point in his life. God will ask each one of His followers the same question. This is what Ellen White says: "To everyone who becomes a partaker of His grace the Lord appoints a work for others. Individually we are to stand in our lot and place, saying, “Here am I; send me.” Isaiah 6:8. Upon the minister of the word, the missionary nurse, the Christian physician, the individual Christian, whether he be merchant or farmer, professional man or mechanic—the responsibility rests upon all. It is our work to reveal to men the gospel of their salvation. Every enterprise in which we engage should be a means to this end."{MH 148.2}



That to me is amazing!!! God calls each one of us to do something for Him, whether big or small, we can count it a pleasure, because we are serving the King of kings and Lord of lords!!!



God is asking you the same question today that He asked Isaiah over 4,000 years ago. "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" What will your reply be?

As for me my answer is the same as Isaiah, "Here am I; send me!"







3 comments:

  1. Funny you posted this right at this time.... :) I just got a call from AFM, but it's not to the place I really want to go. lol Pray for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!!! That is amazing!!! What an awesome God we serve! I will be praying!!! ;) Who knows this might have been confirmation! We will definitely pray!

      Delete
  2. Lord make us all willing to go where you want us to go and do what you want us to do.

    ReplyDelete