Monday, April 30, 2012

Doing The Golden Rule, A.S.A.P.!

We have all heard of The Golden Rule, at one point in time in our life's. But sometimes I wonder, "When it comes right down to it, do we really practice what we preach? Do we do unto others as we would have them do unto us?"



Do we think of others as we think of ourselves? I am afraid that the answers to all these questions are most of the time...no! I mean, think about it, when you see, what you think is a "weird" person. Do we think, "Now there is a soul in need of Christ!" Or do we think, "Man, look at so and so, I am glad I don't look like that!" I fear that the answer to that is we often think of the second one, myself included!



What if we had the kind of love in us, do speak to the "weird" people? Do you think it would change lives? I think that it would change some of the lives! You might have some people, that no matter what you do, they don't want it, and the best thing and first thing you want to do with all people is PRAY!



I read an article where it had the acronym A.S.A.P. and usually we think of that means 'as soon as possible' but the acronym they used meant 'ALWAYS SAY A PRAYER'!!! And I would have to say that I agree, in every emergency, in every difficulty, in every area we should always say a prayer!



The Golden Rule doesn't just mean to do good things to others and expect them do to something nice back to you. It means that you treat others with love, no matter what they may say or do to you. It means that you don't give up on them and that you treat them nice even when they are being mean. It means to do a good deed and not expect to get anything in return, or get any reward! Although sometimes you will, that isn't why we should do it. We should do it to show God's love to everyone that means EVERYONE we come in contact with!



Know, I will say that this will not be easy!!! No, do you think that the devil will sit back and relax while you are sharing Christ, the One he hates, with everyone! I don't think so! That is why it is so important to stay connected with God, and to do it A.S.A.P!!!! Christ never said that it would be the easiest way, but He did guarantee that He would go through it with you! Which shows how much love He has for all of us!



Do you know why The Golden Rule is called The Golden Rule? Well, here is my opinion of why it is called The Golden Rule. It is because when you do something nice for someone else, not expecting anything in return, you will feel Golden on the inside! And Christ did say that He tries precious Gold and not invaluable ore!



So with all that being said, will you try to do practice The Golden Rule? And also saying an A.S.A.P? I am going to try by God's grace, how about you?


2 comments: